PAMS - HHDC (Half Hourly Data Collection)
Salient have developed PAMS-HHDC, within Salient's PAMS applications framework, to deliver all of the required business processes and interfaces that must be assured by Industry qualified HHDC (Half Hourly Data Collector) metering agent companies or by vertically aligned functional groups within Supply companies.
The Business/Service/Contract Model configuration at the heart of PAMS-HHDC drives the fully automated executions of targeted and sequenced business rules that, for example :-
- Address the automation of all Business Processes and Interfaces that must be delivered by a HHDC agent as mandated in Elexon's BSCP502 and associated specification documents.
- Automatically address a range of HHDC Business Process anomaly, stall and breakdown scenarios, adhering to Elexon guidelines and industry best practice.
- Model contracts and services related to both multiple Suppliers and multiple field agents, AMR agents, head ends etc. against classifications of data retrieval work required at meters.
- Model extended services by contract beyond baseline BSCP mandated processes, including, for example, extended/specific anomaly escalation processes and Smart extended services.
The automation of business rule driven procedures to complete steady state HHDC end-to-end business processes and anomaly interventions serves to deliver the 'management by exception' design goal shared across all Salient system designs. Examples of anomaly/stall/breakdown interventions that can be handled automatically within PAMS-HHDC include :-
- Management of retrospective business processes - appointments, de-appointments, MTD/SDI changes, settlement history changes etc.
- Automated Proving Test processes wherever implicated, including appropriate classifications of consumption data during PT's and post successful PT's
- Automated consumption interval estimate productions, estimate refinements resulting from register advances, estimate replacements by achieved actuals etc.
- Automated consumption validation processes, anomaly reporting and consumption classifications, mini-MARs, MARs, max energy, Main/Check tolerances etc.
- Refresh HHDA views of MPAN settlement data resulting from retrospective change/correction to portfolio data and consumption refinements
- Assurance at interfaces of alignment between HHDC portfolio MTD and AMR meter data sheets
- Automated productions of safety or revenue protection related data flows or raising of meter investigation business processes attached to alerts/alarms or other observations at meter systems
- Automated classifications of consumption data achieved over 'alarmed' intervals
- Manage the issue of queries/investigations to Suppliers and HHMO agents and their returns, resulting from meter system anomalies identified at PAMS-HHDC
- Automated PARMS reporting productions, including the generation of audit trail of MPAN level backing data contributing to reported serials
Click here to see a diagram of PAMS HHDC positioning within UK metering services applications architecture.
PAMS-HHDC is built within Salient's Generic Design Framework (GDF), providing extensive and flexible data reporting, report drills and data maintenance facilities. Design model data configuration and industry approved portfolio data maintenance facilities, together with superior and configurable business process status and portfolio data reporting and navigation are all provided via GDF facilities. Additionally, GDF enables the configurable positioning of 'button' driven initiations of approved intervention actions at report data presentations. Candidate data at a report may be selected to identify the targets for subsequent button driven intervention or appropriate action. Comprehensive manual intervention facilities further include the ability to create ad-hoc meter read requests and manually submit meter read results.
PAMS-HHDC technical design, functional design and attractive licence fee costs combine to assure the best returns on investment and lowest costs of ownership (including low administrator costs) available in the market.
In addition to managing all of the required data flow interfaces between HHDC agents and other BSC parties across Electralink's Data transfer Network, PAMS-HHDC will manage the data interfaces required between the HHDC agent and possible multiple field agents and AMR systems. Bespoke bi-directional interfaces can be accommodated very quickly as required. PAMS-HHDC interfaces directly to Salient's RMS MWM solutions and robust interfaces to existing client work management systems or to AMR facilities have been delivered to meet client requirements.
PAMS-HHDC is now industry qualified at a significant and established metering agent company in the UK. Salient's consultants provided key assistance to the client over the Elexon Qualification project and beyond.
To review another of Salient Systems' Products click next
To see how Salient Systems could help you get qualified, click here
Key Features & Benefits
- Industry validated and qualified implementation
- Fully compliant with BSCP502
- Lowest Cost of Ownership
- Flexible interfaces to AMR, Field Work Management systems, multiple third party meter reading agents
- Built within PAMS framework
- Configured BSCP502 Business Process rules driven
- Automated Business Process completions
- Management by Exception design goal
- Auto resolution of particular process anomalies
- Flexible reporting, drills, graphs, data maintenance
- Consistent user interface
For More Information
To request more information click here.