Salient's Middleware solution is a flow/file transfer and logging system. Based around a configurable set of rules, specified locations are examined and any flows/files found are validated and moved to required new locations. As part of the file movement, transformational tasks can be undertaken (as required) on a per file type basis. These can include:
- Generation/Regeneration of Checksums
- Encryption/Un-encryption of files
- Modification of file format
- Extraction and logging of file data for further analysis
Transfer methods supported include FTP as well as any Unix/Windows transfer between directories.
All of the file transfers and transformations are logged and the files compressed and retained allowing a full audit trail of the software and the flows/files handled.
Files not conforming to the requirements laid down by the Client are automatically handled and passed to a holding area pending intervention by a nominated user.
The solution is particularly targeted at managing the communication and auditing of agent flows between agent systems and between agents within the UK Utilities market. Additional facilities are provided here to log and report the successful receipt of flows between agents.
Click here to see a diagram of SSL's Middleware positioning within UK metering services applications architecture.
The Middleware solution is delivered within Salient's Generic Design Framework (GDF) providing extensive and flexible data reporting and data maintenance facilities. Where the Middleware solution is used by NHHDC and NHHDA agents it provides extensive mechanisms to achieve, e.g. D0095 flow analysis and reporting, NHHDA contract validation, reporting and appointment confirmations/rejections etc.
Salient's Middleware solution is in operation at two NHHDC/NHHDA agents.
To review another of Salient Systems' Products click next
To see how Salient Systems could help you get started, click here
Key Features & Benefits
- Manages and logs Data Flow interfaces between Electralink DTN and internal systems, and between internal systems
- Flow/Data file routings across internal file systems and secure FTP transfers across external interfaces
- Handles encryption/decryption and checksums validation
- Configurable Ack/Nak generations
- Configurable File format transformations and audit/logging data extractions
- SSL Generic Reporting front end reporting and user intervention facilities
For More Information
To request more information click here.